Now, I love me some buffalo chicken…and I do mean, buffalo chicken anything. Salad,
sandwiches, wings, etc. I love the spiciness and just the flavor in general. So when I found this recipe on Pinterest, I was hooked. Sign me up! I didn’t expect the kids to like it, Callie hates spicy, but Clayton actually loved it. There was plenty of leftovers, I even froze some. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) buffalo wing sauce (I used Franks)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- I used 3/4 cup of ranch mixed with 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese because I don’t care for bleu cheese (Recipe calls for:1-3/4 cups or 7 ounces crumbled blue cheese)
- 1/2 cup minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup ranch mix, parsley and egg.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/2 cups sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 2/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup ranch mix. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Wine I think it would go perfect with: Zinfandel
Happy Eating Friends! ~Trina