This is a great, low-carb meal when you want to go a little light on the starches. I enjoyed the flavors, and it was great as leftovers. Instead of getting deli meat and making large rolls like the recipe suggested (six, large rolls), I got the packaged roast beef, super thin slices and made a tray of rolls, layered. This way, it was easier for the kids and I to eat smaller portions of the meal. Enjoy!
- 1 15 1/2 oz Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 15 Oz Container part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Pkgs of 7 oz Roast Beef Slices
- 2 Medium Zucchini, sliced (the store was out of zucchini, so I used squash – which was great but I’m betting zucchini would have been a better match for this meal)
Preheat oven to 375. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce on bottom of 8X12 baking dish. In large bowl, combine egg, seasonings, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spoon equal amounts on each slice of meat and roll up and arrange seam side down in dish. I poured a bit more spaghetti sauce on the first layer, sprinkled some mozz cheese, then did another beef layer, followed by the remaining sauce (hold the remaining mozz cheese until it’s baked awhile). I arranged the squash on each side of the dish as pictured. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Top beef rolls with remaining mozz cheese and bake for another 3 minutes.
Happy Eating Friends! ~Trina