I love casseroles. And I love chicken and rice. My husband? Not so much. So I’m always on the hunt for chicken and rice meals that he will enjoy…and I knew when I read the ingredients (one being cheese), this meal would be a win. And, it was!!
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thawed
- 2 c. uncooked brown rice (not minute rice)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 cans (10.5 oz.) cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 3 c. water
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Layer rice, 1 c. cheese, salt and pepper in pan. Place chicken breasts on top. Dob rounded teaspoons of cream of chicken soup over the chicken breasts and rice. Pour water on top and sprinkle with onion soup mix. Bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until rice is tender. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. cheese.
Happy Eating Friends! ~Trina