My husband loves Chicken Parmesan, and I love casseroles because they are perfect for everyone’s lunches and just easy to cook in general. This one was super yummy! Everyone ate it, including the kids…and I’ve added it to my recipe book collection. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1/4 Tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 Cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (8 oz) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (5 oz) package garlic croutons
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the bottom of a 9X13 inch casserole dish w/olive oil and sprinkle with garlic and hot red pepper flakes. Arrange the chicken breasts in bottom of dish, and pour marinara sauce over chicken. Sprinkle basil over marinara sauce, then top w/half of mozzarella cheese, followed by half of Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on the croutons, then top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven until cheese and croutons are golden brown and the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 35 minutes to an hour, depending on the shape and thickness of your chicken and your oven (mine was 50 minutes).
A wine I think this would go nicely with: Merlot
Happy Eating Friends! ~Trina