Sourdough Strata with Tomatoes and Greens, perfect for a holiday brunch with the family, and maybe a mimosa if you desire. There’s nothing like cooked tomatoes in any Italian recipe, they are delicious! This could also go for our Anti-Chicken Fingers Movement Recipe, you can cook this anytime of the year. Takes about 2 1/2 hours, ENJOY!
- 8 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 large eggs
- 10 ounces mixed Italian cheese, grated (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1-pound loaf sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 4 cups chopped greens, such as kale, spinach or arugula. I would suggest spinach. A great way to sneak in a healthy veggie & it’s delish.