I’ve tried a couple new recipes this week for dinner, and I was super pleased with them all. This just happens to be low carb and is packed with veggies, so it’s even got the health benefactor which is great! And, it ended up being a hit with the family, so I’ll take it!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, sliced, 3 ounces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips, about 5 ounces
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips, about 5 ounces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces Provolone cheese slices
In a large skillet or wok, brown the meat with the onion; drain the grease. Add the mushrooms, green pepper and garlic. Stir-fry until the green peppers are tender-crisp, seasoning with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese and cook over low heat until melted.