To say this bread is amazing is definitely an understatement. It’s delicious and you basically can’t quit eating it.
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 oz Monterey jack cheese, cut into squares
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Remove dough from can. Twist dough into a long log; place on cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand while oven is heating to 350. Once oven is heated, remove plastic wrap from dough. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small cup or bowl, mix melted butter, garlic and salt.
- Remove bread from oven. Immediately brush garlic butter over bread. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing. When bread is cool, cut 1” slits crosswise and three-fourths the way down into the bread; do not cut all the way through. Insert square cheese into each slit. Return bread to oven; baked 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Great as a side dish, or an appetizer. So easy, and sooo yummy!
Happy Eating Friends! ~Trina