Wow. This one was a winner, both for dinner, and lunch leftovers. This will definitely be made again in the Epp household!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can 10 oz black or regular lowfat refried beans
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups broken tortilla chips (I use whole grain or whole wheat)
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper chopped (I used yellow because it’s what I had handy)
- 4 medium green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Heat oven to 350. Cook ground beef, until thoroughly cooked through. Add refried beans, salsa and taco seasoning. Reduce heat to medium, heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
In ungreased 2 qt casserole dish, place 2 cups of the tortilla chips. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper, onions and 1 cup of tomato, and the cheese.
Bake uncovered 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with remaining tomato and tortilla chips.
I served with diced avocado. Happy Eating Friends! ~ Trina