This meal is officially one of my favorites, healthy…and delicious. I have to admit the kids weren’t crazy about the southwest salad, and I made their chicken without the jalapeno mixture, just in case it was too spicy. I will definitely be making this yummy dish again!
Ingredients for chicken:
· 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used Turkey)
· 3 jalapeños, chopped (removed seeds for mild)
· 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
· 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack
· 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each-or four full breasts, sliced in 1/2
· 1 1/2 to 2 cups Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs (or regular whole wheat bread crumbs with italian seasoning mixed in, or regular italian seasoning breadcrumbs)
· 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of (I used 3 limes)
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· salt and fresh pepper
· olive oil non-stick spray
Ingredients for southwest bean and corn salad:
- 1 1/2 to 2-cups corn
- 1-can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2-small or med red onion, minced
- 1-Avocado, chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-Tbl Oil
- garlic salt to taste
Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately
Directions southwest bean and corn salad:
mix all ingredients together & serve w/chicken!
Happy Healthy Eating Friends! ~ Trina