I made this meal at a little dinner party I had saturday with friends….and it was absolutely delightful. I served w/garlic mashed red potatoes (recipe below) and salad. Enjoy!
3 Chicken Breasts, sliced in two pieces/in half so they are thinner.
2 TBS olive oil
1/4 cup white cooking wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 TBS fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
2-4 TBS heavy cream (I did use heavy but I think you could use FF 1/2 & 1/2 or light and it would be great)
1/3 cup scallions, mincedsalt and pepper to taste
flour for dredging
2 cloves fresh garlic
For Garlic Red Mashed Potatoes:
8 Red Potatoes, sliced w/skin ON
3-5 TBL Smart Balance Butter
3 TBL of Sour Cream
Garlic Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. You can pound the chicken to make it thinner…it will cook much faster, as well.
2. Dredge in flour shaking off excess.
3. Add oil to skillet and saute chicken for a couple of minutes on each side.
4. Transfer to a platter and pour off fat(if any).
5. Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup wine(or chicken stock). Cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Add 1/2 cup chicken stock and lemon juice….you can add some garlic if you like(purely optional).
7. Return chicken cutlets to pan and cook for one minute on each side.
8. Remove the chicken and place on a warm serving platter.
9. To the skillet and sauce add the tomatoes, garlic and cream. Make sure your heat is on low and just heat through for about a minute or so. You don’t want the cream to boil. If you are low on the juices from earlier mixture, add a bit more wine/chicken broth as neccesary.
10. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with scallions.
For Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
Boil potatoes until completely cooked, mix w/electric mixer & ingredients (don’t over mix!)
Serve w/Salad! Happy eating friends!