I got this recipe from the Eat Up, Slim Down cookbook. I decided to add turkey bacon and green onions…and it turned out delicious. Callie loves cauliflower and shrimp, and Clayton loves soup…so they each ate without too many complaints! Now Shannon, he’s not a big soup fan so if your hubby doesn’t enjoy seafood or soup, you may wait until a night he’s away 🙂 Enjoy!
- 2 green onions, diced
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- Coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy. Add the red onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the cauliflower and coriander and cook for 2 minutes. Add the broth and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Grill for 5 minutes, turning once, until opaque.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor. Return to the pan. Stir in the milk and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Warm over medium heat until heated through.
- Divide into 4 bowls and top with the shrimp and green onions.
Happy Eating Friends! ~ Trina