So it’s been awhile. And not because I haven’t been cooking. Because, I love cooking. I really, really do. I found this recipe on pinterest and of course loving cilantro, black beans, and many of the other ingredients…I jumped all over it! My camera was dead so I stole their photo, but I promise it was delish and totally worthy of adding to our recipe list. I added grilled chicken to make it a bit more filling. Enjoy!
- Large head of romaine
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 5 green onions
- 2 Grilled Chicken Breasts, sliced
Finely chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
Toss with desired dressing.
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 small lime)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Our Suggested Wine Pairing: a crisp and lively Sauvignon Blanc
Photo Courtesy of The Garden Grazer