This is one of my oldies, but goodies. Pasta has always been one of my favorite comfort dishes, and usually is pretty easy to convince the kids to eat as they love spaghetti. Enjoy!
7 oz of whole spaghetti noodles
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves fresh minced garlic
1 pd lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1-14 oz jar of pasta sauce\
1/4 or 8oz cup light cream cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat egg. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add cooked noodles; toss to coat. Spoon mixture evenly into pie pan, pushing mixture up sides of pan to form crust.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef with garlic, bell pepper and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pasta sauce. Spoon evenly into noodle-lined pie pan.
- Drop cream cheese by rounded teaspoons over filling, then top with mozz cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until pie is thoroughly heated and crust is light golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. To serve, cut into wedges.
Happy Eating Friends! ~Trina