Yes, yes, I know. Pumpkin may seem like it’s getting old already, and it’s not even Thanksgiving yet. So shoot me! I love the holidays, and now that I get to be home, for the first time in my life since I’ve been 16 years old and could drive to work. Seriously…I’ve worked since then. That’s crazy stuff! Anyhow, I get to channel the twisted Martha Stewart somewhere deep inside. And I say twisted because anyone who knows me would know I’m a far cry from perfection. I just like to bake, okay?!
Don’t let these fool you! They aren’t your ordinary cupcakes. They are all ooey, gooey, yummy perfection. Like a pumpkin pie in a cupcake. No worries when most or all of your cupcakes fall in the center…they’ll go fast!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- Whipped topping and cinnamon for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake wrappers in a muffin pan and coat wrappers with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a larger bowl, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, almond and milk until fully combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix until no streaks of flour remain and batter is smooth. (Batter will be runny but make sure you get the pumpkin mixed well with the flour).
- Fill liners about 3/4 of the way full and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cupcakes are brown. Once cooled, add a dollop of whipped topping into the concave center and sprinkle with cinnamon
Happy Eating Friends! ~Trina