I’ve made and posted this recipe before, it’s a family favorite. However over years, I’ve altered it to fit the needs of my family. My kids who are super picky eaters love it and it’s a great way to sneak in a ton of super healthy veggies. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef or Turkey Burger (I’ve used both but prefer turkey)
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow summer squash, chopped
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 tsp or one cube of chicken bouillon
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt
In a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat cook the turkey burger, seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Transfer turkey once cooked into a bowl.
In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat-add onion and garlic and cook stirring often until onion is softened. Add the squash, tomato, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring often, until veggies are crisp tender. Return turkey and juices to skillet. Season again with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Stir in rice, water and bouillon. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cover and cook 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
We think this would go nicely with: Barefoot Chardonnay