Leah and I generally try to stay away from political topics when we post on our mommy blog. The main reason is because this blog is intended for moms, and to provide an array of subjects that pertain to parenthood. We also respect other people’s views and opinions and don’t feel it’s necessary to try to push our beliefs off on others. That being said, I did come across this article on parenting.com, and found it quite interesting: Mom’s Decide: What We Want In a President. Basically, in a room full of people with dramatically different political views; there was a wide consensus among mothers. If you have time, it’s an interesting article. If not, I’ve summarized part of it below.
The Parents Platform (from Parents.com)
Our moms have spoken: These are the five issues they care most about and expect the candidates to address before Election Day:
- Moms Want a president who can fix our broken educational system.
- Moms Want a president who can protect families from environmental hazards.
- Moms Want a president who can help hardworking families out of their financial rut.
- Moms Want a president who finds smart ways to make government more efficient and less polarized.
- Moms Want a president who will minimize the role of government in their personal life, financial life, or both.
I have to say, I agree. No matter who is elected as my president today, I will respect and pray for them and our future. I will believe and hope that they can take successful steps toward stabilizing and propelling our nation into one we’re not only proud of, but that we feel safe leaving behind for our children. Because in the end, that’s what truly matters to us as moms…